If you find suspicious activity (unknown and unnatural) in your Indodax account, there is a possibility that someone else is using it without your permission.
Causes of your account can be hacked
- Access and login to a phishing website that resembles the official website www.indodax.com.
- Passwords are too easy to guess (names, birthdays, sequential numbers, telephone numbers)
- Use an unofficial application (non-official) from Indodax.
- Use the same e-mail and password between websites.
- Store e-mail and password data in an online cloud / drive application.
- Does not activate the additional security features (2FA) provided. Example: Google Authenticator
- There is malware that infects your device. Example: Keylogger, Virus.
Indocation of your acciunt is unsafe
- Suspicious financial transaction and crypto asset activity (unknown and unnatural) in your transaction history.
- Changes to data on the account such as e-mail and mobile phone numbers without your knowledge.
- Changes to security settings such as deactivating 2FA without your knowledge.
What to do if you know your account has been hacked
- Immediately change the password and activate 2FA Google Authenticator.
- Remove all active APIs in your account.
- Delete unknown active service sessions on the security menu on your Indodax account.
- You can lock your account via the login confirmation e-mail that was sent and the account will be locked for 24 hours.
- Immediately contact the Indodax support team by e-mail at email@example.com with their chronology.
How to keep your account more secure
- Make sure you log in only at www.indodax.com (not from the phishing website page).
- Make a password that uses a unique combination (numbers, uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and symbols).
- Install additional security (2FA) like Google Authenticator.
- Make sure all e-mails related to the Indodax account are only from the “@ indodax.com” domain and not others.
- Perform periodic checks on the account transaction history.
- Be sure to use the official application from Indodax only.
- Android : Indodax App
- iOS : Indodax App
- Never use your Indodax account password on other sites.
- Bookmark www.indodax.com in the browser to anticipate access to phishing sites.
- Update the Operating System and browser regularly.
- Change your account password regularly.
- Do not use the same password on your email and Indodax account.